Monday, March 6, 2017

A Blog Named Hero - March Challenge


Hello there, friends!   Can you believe it is March already?    I can't.    The months seem to be just flying by!    With the new month, there is a new challenge over at A Blog Named Hero!   This month our collaboration partner is the wonderful Studio Katia, and our challenge theme is "Bling It Up"!   


I recently received the gorgeous Color Layering Hydrangea stamp set from Hero Arts and couldn't wait to get it inky!    I used a combination of Hero Arts and Altenew inks for my bloom and leaves.   I fussy cut everything out and set it aside while I prepared my shaker card.

I die cut the Stitched Notebook die from Studio Katia from the center of my card.   I got a little creative here by snipping off the notebook part and leaving just the fun shape.   I created a shaker pocket with my Fuse tool and a stamp storage pocket and filled it generously with Studio Katia's Clear Iridescent seed beads.   To keep the inside of my card nice and clean, I die cut another Stitched Notebook piece and adhered it to the inside of the card to cover up the fused pocket piece.   


I added a little more bling to the card with some Glossy Accents and sparkle marker highlights.   

The sentiment strip was die cut using an additional die included in the Stitched Notebook die set - I ran it though my die cutting machine twice to get the length I needed to span across the shaker window.   The sentiment is from Studio Katia's Hello Alice stamp set.   Isn't that a gorgeous font?!   

I hope you play along with us this month!   Break out your Hero Arts goodies and your bling and get crafty!    I can't wait to see what you create!

3 comments:

I appreciate your comments so much!