Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Thanks A Bunch - And a Cool Technique!

Newton's Nook Designs Beautiful Blossoms | thank you card | kimpletekreativity.blogspot.com

Hi there, crafty friends!    Today's card uses one of my very favorite Newton's Nook Designs stamp sets - Beautiful Blossoms!  I wanted to use the colors in the Inky Paws Challenge (going on now!   Click here!!), and I thought I'd try an oldie but goodie as far as techniques go!  I'm not sure of the technical name for this, but I'd call it a Distress Resist, I guess! I think it looks so cool....like I used a bunch of colors of embossing powder!   But nope!   That's just ink and plain old clear embossing powder!  Here's a photo tutorial of how I did it! 

Distress Ink Tutorial | colorful embossed images | Kimpletekreativity.blogspot.com

1. Gather your supplies - I used three shades of Hero Arts shadow inks (Mint Julep, Pale Tomato and Soft Cantaloupe), white cardstock, ink daubers, Versamark, clear embossing powder, Black Soot Distress Ink and the Beautiful Blossoms stamp set.

2. Use your daubers to blend the colors onto white cardstock.   Don't worry if it doesn't look great!

3. Position your stamp so it covers a little of each color and stamp using Versamark.   Heat emboss with clear EP.

4.  Here's where the magic happens!   Cover the entire thing with the Black Soot Distress Ink.   Go heavy so it is nice and bold!!

5.   Use a cloth or piece of paper towel to buff the image and get any residual black off of the clear embossing powder.

6.   Sit back and admire your awesome image! :)

That's it for today....hope you enjoyed this technique!   Let me know if you try it and how it turns out for you!


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers! I should try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing the step-by-step details! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic cards. Will have to try it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an awesome technique. Will have to remember to try this!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments so much!