Friday, February 20, 2015

NND Inky Paws Challenge #18 - Just One Layer


Happy Friday!  It's time for another Inky Paws Challenge over at Newton's Nook Designs - and let me tell you....a one layer card is certainly a challenge for me! It occurred to me as I was planning out this card that I've probably only made 2-3 one layer cards EVER, lol!    

Here's what I came up with...

One Layer Card by Kimberly Rendino | Kimpletekreativity.blogspot.com | Newton's Nook Falling Into Autumn| MISTI tool

I used the leaves and sentiment from Falling Into Autumn for this card.   I stamped the leaves in Versafine black along the bottom edge of the card and added some gold dots with a paint pen.   I drew a thin black line and a thicker gold line using the straight edge of my ruler.   I positioned the 'thanks' leaves and stamped them right on the gold line using my new MISTI stamp press.   Such an amazing, awesome, and handy tool to have!  I was able to double stamp the sentiment in exactly the same spot to get a super bold black impression.  

So there you have it, a one layer card! This would be really easy to mass produce.   It has a simple, yet elegant feel that would be great for wedding or shower thank you cards.

Head over to Newton's Nook to play along!  The challenge winner will receive a $10 store credit to our online store and an Inky Paws Challenge Top Pick Badge to add to your blog!   If we get more than 15 participants, we will choose two winners, so be sure to tell your friends to play along!   

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

PRODUCTS USED
Falling Into Autumn

3 comments:

  1. Your one-layer card is gorgeous! LOVE the black and gold.. you totally rocked this challenge! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO GORGEOUS! I love the look of this card - it's so pretty and elegant - I agree that this would be great for a wedding card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the one layer look to your card. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments so much!