Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Sampler Squares with Papertrey Ink



Hi everyone!   I'm playing along with Papertrey Ink's 9th Anniversary Celebration.   The challenge from yesterday really intrigued me - we were to create a "sampler" of sorts, featuring nine 1 1/2" squares, each altered differently, and then mounted on a 5.5 x 5.5" square card base.   Here's what I came up with!


sampler | handmade card | kimpletekreativity.blogspot.com | papertrey ink | hearts | love you | valentine
I used the medium heart from the Heart Prints die collection as my base, to keep a running theme throughout the card.  I altered it in many different ways - stamping on it, adding leaves (from the mini kit Garden Gild), cutting it from felt and adding a button, embossing, cutting it from vellum and sewing it up the center so it folds up, adding flowers & gems, etc.   The sentiment comes from the Tag-It's 11 stamp set.  

This was a fun challenge, and I love how it turned out!  

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

I appreciate your comments so much!