Tuesday, February 2, 2016

There's Something Fishy About These Valentines....

guy valentine | fish | handmade card | kimpletekreativity.blogspot.com | newton's nook designs

Hi there, crafty friends!   Today I've got a pair of cute "manly" Valentines to share with you.   I used the Newton's Nook Designs stamp set Tranquil Tides to create these.   I started with a piece of Basic Grey patterned paper that I knew would work perfectly with this stamp set!   (Did you hear that Basic Grey is going out of the paper crafting business?   So sad!!)  I heat embossed the fish from Tranquil Tides and added some heart shaped bubbles with a Sakura Glaze Gel Pen.   I mounted the larger strip to a 4.25 x 5.5 card base and added thin black cardstock strips to the edges.   I stamped and heat embossed the adorable sentiment, added Distress Ink and a few flecks of water and then cut it down, rounded the edges and added a hole at the top to create a tag, which was attached to the card with some baker's twine.   I had extra patterned paper, and since I thought it was such a great match to the stamp set, I stamped some more fish and mounted the panel to black cardstock and then a top folding white card base.  

I think these are cute cards for anyone, but especially the guy in your life...sweet, but not glittery and pink, lol!  

Hope you've enjoyed my cards today.   Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors you chose for these manly valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used that patterned paper on your cards with the black images! I have that paper so I recognized it right away, and no I hadn't heard that BG is going out of business, very sad indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments so much!