Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Happy Every Day Canvas

Hello, hello!   We've had nothing but rain all day today, so it was a great day to sit down and do some crafting!  When I went to CHA last month, I received a package of small canvases - I never paint, or do mixed media, although I admire it, and have wanted to get into it for a long time.  I guess I've been intimidated, lol!   But today I figured, hey, why not!?!   It's about time!
happy canvas | gelatos | bokeh |  faber castell | winnie & walter | kimpletekreativity.blogspot.com

I started by adding a layer of gesso.  Once that was dry, I smeared on some Faber-Castell gelatos and blended them with my finger.   I stamped the bokeh circles using the Winnie & Walter stamp set Scenery, Bigger Bang Confetti  and then stamped the 'Happy' from W&W's The Big, The Bold and the Happy  and 'Every Day' (I partially inked a sentiment to get just those two words) from The Party stamp set.   I thought it needed a little something more, so I spritzed the entire canvas with some Perfect Pearl mist and then used a white Faber-Castell Big Brush Marker to add some white highlights to my bokeh circles.   I really like how it turned out!  It's going to sit on a shelf in my craft room as a reminder to be happy, every day!  
happy canvas | gelatos | bokeh |  faber castell | winnie & walter | kimpletekreativity.blogspot.com

CHALLENGES

Winnie & Walter's 2nd Birthday Bash  (Anything But a Card category with Kate


Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge (Inspired by a Song - bet you can't guess which one, lol!!) 


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge (Anything Goes)



8 comments:

  1. This is perfect for everyday pick up. :)
    Have a great day, Kimberly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly, This is fun and has such cheery colors! I'm a huge fan of W&W and you have totally rocked these stamps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a stunner of a creation...looking at this is sure to make anyone happy!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kimberly...well done for stepping into the world of Mixed Media...your canvas is beautiful...love the softly blended colours and the pops of white...thank you for sharing at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am drooling (in the best way possible) over this card! It is a combination of everything gorgeous: bright colors blended perfectly, texture, and dots! This is indeed a happy card that made me smile and subconsciously urged me to go get some tropical-looking gelato. Than you so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Such a lovely background! Pretty colors!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments so much!