Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Double Rainbow!


Hi friends!   Today I've got two cards to share with you using the CAS-ual Fridays Butterbows stamp set.   I couldn't decide whether I wanted to do white embossing on black cardstock or black embossing on white cardstock.....so I did both!


rainbow card by Kimberly Rendino | handmade card | kimpletekreativity.blogspot.com | CAS-ual Fridays Stamps | rainbow | butterflies | encouragement | cardmaking | papercraft

These were super simple to put together.   I just stamped and heat embossed the rainbow and sentiment in the center of my card.   The MISTI tool made positioning a breeze!

The fun pop of color along the sides was created by coloring and blending a rainbow of Copic markers onto white cardstock.   Once I had it nicely blended, I added some colorless blender solution onto an old sweater and pressed it onto the colored sheet.   When I lifted the sweater, there was some nice texture to the colored piece.  

rainbow card by Kimberly Rendino | handmade card | kimpletekreativity.blogspot.com | CAS-ual Fridays Stamps | rainbow | butterflies | encouragement | cardmaking | papercraft


To finish the cards off, I cut thin strips from the colored piece and adhered them to the sides of my cards.  And the best part is, I still have some of the rainbow piece left that I can use for other cards!   

Thanks for stopping by today, crafty friends!!    





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments so much!