Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Winnie & Walter Playdate #3

Hello, hello!   'Tis the night before the first day of school and all through the house, all the creatures are stirring, and begging not to go to bed already, lol!


Just popping in with a couple of quick cards for the Winnie & Walter Playdate #3.   The deadline is tonight, but if you'd like to check it out, head over to the Winnie & Walter blog.



First up is this one - this is based on the sketch provided, and also uses the suggested color palette.   I used Distress Inks to ink a background then stamped the stars using Scenery: Big Bang Confetti in the same color Distress Inks.   The sentiment uses elements from both The Big, The Bold & You and Parentville. (Please note -  I didn't ink the 'you' fully because I wanted it to fit within the flourish a bit better).  I strung some sequins and a star wood veneer shape onto some twine, and that (along with some Wink of Stella glitter pen, of course) finished the card!

I made another card for this challenge, but didn't follow the sketch this time - just the color palette.   


This one was hard to photograph - why, oh why do I keep trying to take photos at night?   Grrr!   Here's an up close which shows the true colors a bit better -  
For this card, I stamped the oval frame from The Write Stuff: Leave it to Mom set repeatedly to form the medallion shape.   the 'Hello' sentiment from The Big, The Bold & The Happy fit inside just perfectly.   I double stamped it using two shades of purple ink.    I mounted the panel onto some raspberry cardstock and then placed it on the card base at an angle.   I like how this turned out and can't wait to do it again using some different colors!

Hope you're having a great night!   Be back soon with some more cards!




1 comment:

I appreciate your comments so much!