Thursday, June 5, 2014

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge - Wood, Metal & Cork


Hi guys!   Today I had some crafty time and I decided to make a card for the Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge.  

 We needed to add a texture - wood, cork and/or metal.   I decided to go with a wood-look background.  I embossed the background with a PTI impression plate on kraft cardstock.   Then I added some Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain distress ink.   The super cute sunflower is a free digi image from Newton's Nook.   You can find it here.  I printed the image twice - once onto masking paper and once onto cardstock.   I cut out my mask and added the color using several shades of distress ink.   I ended up adding some extra shading with a Copic.    The li'l ladybug is coated with Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents.  A washi tape strip down the side and some letter stickers (also coated with Glossy Accents) finish the card!   My daughter oohed and ahhed over this card....so guess who will be getting a little note from Mom soon!

I hope you get a chance to play along!   This is always a fun challenge!



13 comments:

  1. This is really Gorgeous! I love the vibrant colors you used with the wood in the background. And the little bits of gloss on the bug make it so fun! Thanks so much for playing along with our Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The colors are beautiful and that wood grain is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this card! The flower looks fabulous against the wood grain, and the little strip of patterned paper along with the cute ladybug make for one GREAT card!! Congrats on your win at Newton's Nook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! The yellow flower really pops! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm oohing and aahing, too, Kim! What a fabulous idea for a card to send to a friend who loves gardening! That little lady bug is adorable! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, this is regarding your question on SCS. I couldn't find a way to email you, so you may want to consider adding that to your blog. You wanted tips on growing your blog, so here is something that you should find very helpful. AmyLynnAndrews.com is a site that is dedicated to growing your blog. She gives excellent info, and you may want to try it out.
    Linda Fuller
    LindasPaperPretties.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I will definitely check that out!!

      Delete
  7. Saw your blog link while visiting SCS...so I wanted to stop by and visit...
    Really like your card and the way you did the woodgrain background...very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments so much!