Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Dr. Who Meets Newton's Nook -- PLUS a Podcast Interview!

Hi everyone!   Today I have something really different to share with you (on two counts)....a Dr. Who inspired card using a rather unexpected stamp set....Newton Dreams of London from Newton's Nook Designs!  This is the very first card I made with that set back when the DT received it last month.  I saw the previews Jen sent us and immediately knew I had to make a TARDIS out of that phone box, lol!   And I just had to laugh a few weeks ago when I saw Taheerah's awesome Dr. Who card....great minds think alike, I guess!

To create my card, I stamped and die cut the phone box and altered it a bit to create Dr. Who's TARDIS.   I added windows with a white gel pen and the words Police Box at the top (that is a tiny space, lol!).  I also added the blinking light at the top.    
I set that aside and worked on the background - I blended with several shades of Distress Ink to create the galaxy and flicked on some water and added some stars with a white gel pen.   I pieced together the sentiment from the stamp sets Message in a BottleFox Hollow &  Love a la Carte and heat embossed them.   A few sequin stars in the galaxy were the finishing touch! I love how tiny the Tardis looks flying through the vast galaxy!

Hope you've enjoyed this card - I know there are lots of fellow Whovians out there, and it's always fun to look at your stamps and think of different ways you can use them!   Until next time, sweeties!

And if you have a few minutes, check this out!   I recently did an interview with Amy Kunkle from CrazyBeYOUtiful.  You can check out the embedded podcast here, or head over to Amy's blog and while you're there you can check out some of her other awesome interviews!




SUPPLIES

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic! I love the Whovian nods and that background is just stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments so much!