Monday, December 4, 2017

A Blog Named Hero December Challenge - Winter Holidays

 It's time for a new challenge at A Blog Named Hero!   This months theme is Winter Holidays and our fabulous collaboration partner is Simon Says Stamp!
 http://www.ablognamedhero.com/2017/12/challenge-winter-holiday-with-simon-says-stamp-part-one
The team was lucky enough to receive brand new dies from Simon Says Stamp's "DieCember" release - I received this super cute Happy HB die, and to make it work for the winter holiday theme, I went with soft shades of blue and snowflakes!


To create my card, I cut cardstock strips of several shades of blue and aqua and adhered them to my card front.  Next, I used the Hero Arts Festive Star & Bauble stencil for my background by adhering it over a piece of cardstock and pressing a Versamark pad over top.   I carefully lifted the stencil and added Sparkling Snow embossing powder from Wow!  


I die cut the sentiment from the center of the embossed panel - I love how the stripe detail shows through!  I trimmed the sides of the panel so the cardstock stripe background would show along the sides.

Since this is a card for someone with a winter birthday, I die cut a tag from one of last year's My Monthly Hero kits and tied it along the top with a piece of bakers twine.

Hope you're inspired to enter this month's challenge at A Blog Named Hero!   Can't wait to see what you create!


1 comment:

I appreciate your comments so much!