Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Think Happy Thoughts


Hi everyone!   I've got a soft & sweet card for you today using the new stamp set,  Happy Little Thoughts, along with the coordinating dies from Newton's Nook Designs!

think happy thoughts | newton's nook designs | twig wreath | kimpletekreativity.blogspot.com | handmade card | papercraft | cardmaking

I began by stamping my background with the flower cluster and a leaf from the stamp set Fanciful Florals.  This flower cluster is very similar to the small flower cluster I used on the wreath (from Happy Little Thoughts).   I was so happy to make this discovery!! :)  I stamped with Versamark ink for a tone on tone look - I love how soft and subtle it is.  I die cut my stamped background with a die from Gina Marie Designs.  

think happy thoughts | newton's nook designs | twig wreath | kimpletekreativity.blogspot.com | handmade card | papercraft | cardmaking

I stamped the wreath with brown ink and die cut it - but I wasn't a fan of how the white border looked, so I colored the entire die cut in with a light brown Copic marker - much better!   I stamped, colored and die cut several of the flower clusters as well and adhered them to the wreath.  Some tiny pearls made the perfect flower centers.   Before I adhered the wreath to the panel, I centered the sentiment and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.

Hope you've enjoyed my card today!  Next week is release week at Newton's Nook Designs - I hope you'll join us for the festivities!   See you again soon....


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments so much!