Friday, April 11, 2014

Newton's Nook IPC8!

Time for another Inky Paws Challenge over at the Newton's Nook blog!  Here's my card....

I decided I wanted to use the Love a la Carte set, and for whatever reason that old song "Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch" came to my head!   I couldn't shake it, so I just went with it, lol!   I added my patterned paper and then die cut a circle window from the front of the card.   I did a little creative masking with the Love a la Carte and Frozen Friends stamp sets so that I could change up the "sweetie pie" sentiment.   I stamped the cute li'l pie and honey bun on the inside of the card and colored with Prismacolors.   I paper pieced the little hearts so they perfectly match the paper.   It all looked a little plain, so I added the faux stitching lines with a white gel pen and added the banner up at the top.   I handwrote the "you know that" and I changed the I (heart) snow to read I (heart) you.....because I'm definitely NOT loving snow after this winter - ha!  Here's an inside picture of the card so you can better see the sentiment....

Hopefully the recipient (my husband more than likely!) will get the musical reference!!   Play along with the challenge if you have time!  I believe it ends tonight....go get inky and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kimberly! This card is very fun! I love the "sugar pie, honey bun" reference - so cute. Plus, I love the cut-out circle in the center - what a fun take on the sketch! - thanks so much for playing along with our Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments so much!