Monday, July 3, 2017

A Blog Named Hero July Challenge - Florals with Winnie & Walter!

It's time for a new challenge over at A Blog Named Hero!   Many of you are going to be thrilled with this month's theme - Florals!!    Our fabulous collaboration partner this month is Winnie & Walter - one of my longtime favorite stamp companies!   Between Winnie & Walter and Hero Arts, there are a ton of gorgeous floral stamps - the only difficulty is deciding where to start - ha ha!


I began by stamping and heat embossing the Bed of Roses stamp from Winnie & Walter onto a piece of vellum.   I heat embossed using a gorgeous glitter embossing powder from WOW!   

I decided to try something different - using colored pencils on vellum.   I've done this before with Copics, and while pretty, I always see the streaks.   I felt that I got better blending with the colored pencils - I'll be doing this again!  I colored on the back side of the vellum piece for a more "stained glass" effect.

Because the floral piece takes center stage, I opted for a simple sentiment from Hero Arts' Color Layering Flamingo stamp set and heat embossed in white.  

To preserve the stained glass look, I cut a rectangle from my card base and adhered the vellum on top.   To cover the adhesive, I added a piece of white cardstock with the window cut out as well.

Be sure to check out our challenge, and link up your entry!   Can't wait to see what you create!




1 comment:

  1. I love your card! Never tried colored pencils on vellum but its gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments so much!