Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Kitty Love

Hi everyone!   I hope you all had an amazing holiday!    It's time to switch gears in my card making.....Christmas is over so that means it's time to start creating for Valentine's Day!   Today I have a cute card featuring Newton's Nook Designs!
watercolor Valentine's Day card | kimpletekreativity.blogspot.com | Newton's Nook | Faber Castell gelatos | papercrafts | cardmaking
I used the adorable kissing kitties from the Newton's Nook Christmas Cuddles stamp set.   (It's out of stock at the moment, but you can sign up for the NND Newsletter to be notified when it's back!) I love that even though the holidays are over, this set is still getting use!   I used Faber Castell Gelatos to create my background.   I swiped various shades of red and pink onto watercolor paper and then blended with my finger and a damp baby wipe.   I stamped a variety of hearts from different NND sets and heat embossed them over top of the blended background.   I watercolored the kitties and die cut using the Christmas Cuddles dies.  The sentiment is from the Simply Seasonal stamp set - 'Happy' was stamped on vellum and fussy cut and 'Valentine's Day' was white heat embossed on a black cardstock strip.  

Hope you've enjoyed my card today!   I'm off to CHA later this week.  I'm so excited!   I will be posting pictures/updates on my Instagram account.   CLICK HERE to follow me so you don't miss a thing!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is seriously adorable!! Love your background just as much as the adorable kittens. Have a wonderful time at CHA...so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments so much!