Monday, September 22, 2014

Guesting with Newton's Nook Designs - Apple Delights

Good Monday morning!   I'm happy to be back today with another card showcasing one of the new Newton's Nook Designs stamp sets for September - Apple Delights!


For this card I stamped a grid of the small apple image onto kraft cardstock.   I originally had planned to use it as a background paper, but decided to cut out the interior and use it as a frame instead!   (Funny how most of the time what I envision in my head morphs into something else as I create a card, lol!!)  I stamped two of the apples on white cardstock and colored them in with Copics.  Note that I masked off the little heart with some washi tape so that it wouldn't appear on those apples.  For the third apple, I stamped on white cardstock, colored with Copics and then fussy cut it out so that I could pop it up in front of the others with some foam tape.   I covered the little heart with some red Stickles.  I tucked the cute sentiment in the upper right corner -  and that completes the card!

Hope everyone has a great start to the week.   It's a rainy and chilly Monday morning here in Central NY, so I'm all comfy and cozy in my sweatshirt, enjoying a cup of coffee.   Love mornings like this!

2 comments:

  1. Great Card today, Kim! I love how you did the border - that happens to me too - things always turn out different than the original intent! Thanks so much for being our Guest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable little card! Love how it turned out, and your shading especially!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments so much!